Women in business
“Women in business” is a mobility of youth workers, KA1 Training Course, under Erasmus+ and will be implemented by Copernicus Berlin and Copernicus Yerevan. The training course will take place in Yerevan, Armenia and it will involve 32 youth workers from 8 different countries (Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Russian Federation, Georgia, Ukraine and Armenia).
The main aim of “Women in business” is to prepare youth workers with the necessary knowledge and skills to support women entrepreneurship. In this regard, the specific objectives of the project for youth workers are: to discuss the linkages between entrepreneurship core competencies and gender; to identify gender issues affecting women in business; to understand the potential barriers and other main obstacles to women entrepreneurship; to explore different part of a business plan and so help youth workers to acquire important skills and knowledge on how to create and grow a successful business, etc.
The project is based on fostering quality improvements in youth work and empowerment of women through entrepreneurship, which aims to contribute to greater gender equality, as well as to more job creation and economic development. The project will use non formal learning methodology including methods such as: ice breakers, energizers, name games, reflection groups, working into intercultural subgroups, facilitated discussion, creative presentations, simulation, case study and debates.
The project will involve 32 participants, 4 for each of the Partner Countries, over 18 years. The project is implemented by 8 organizations and financed by the European Commission through Erasmus+ programme.
For the participants’ selection the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Mix of existing and experienced youth workers but also youth workers who are new or newish to women entrepreneurship and gender equality.
- Demonstration of social sensibilities (socially active youth workers/volunteers with a role in local communities and interested in promoting women entrepreneurship in their local contexts).
- Ready to share personal intercultural stereotypes and experiences and analyze them from different perspectives.
- The participants will have the following tasks: To complete the Participant’s mobility report sent by EU, make at least one publication or article, presentation or other online follow up activity (on organization website,
Facebook or other social network). In addition, everything else that you could do or organize as a dissemination of the project will be warmly welcomed and appreciated from us.
- We encourage participants of all eligible ages to take part in our project.
- Regarding gender balance, we shall take care that the proportion of females and males participating is close to 50%/50%.
- Moreover, equality of chances is one of the values shared by Copernicus and its partners; we will not tolerate any kind of discrimination throughout this project, especially regarding the selection of the participants.
- On National Agency request, the partner organisations have to be able to justify the integration of their representatives in the target group. Only the participants belonging to the target group could be funded in the frame of this project.
- The Youthpass will be released at the end of the training to all participants.